Guide to Success with CrossFit:
- Turn up!! Frequency and consistency of training is super important
- Be uncomfortable!! Intensity is what makes the program work. Sweat, puff, strain, rest less. What you get out of the program is directly related to how much discomfort you can endure!!
- You MUST change your diet!! 3 quality meals and plenty of water. Meat, vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Control portions and no processed foods.
- Be social!! Connect with the community, find friends and learn names.
- You are only competing with yourself. Use the group to motivate effort. The scoreboard is meant to inspire your best effort but it doesn’t mean anything.
- Technique matters!!! You need to be good at the movement to get a great workout.
- If you are a competitor train like a competitor. If you are here for health and fitness then train for health. Don’t mix those two things up. They are different versions of CrossFit.
- Goals must match behavior otherwise you are in denial. You are in total control of your behavior. No excuses!!
I think this is a great post and summarizes what we all should strive for in Crossfit! Thanks, @crossfittinhawaiiantexaschick!!